Services of our member organisations in the fields of residence and working rights in the context of COVID-19

Information about residence and employment for foreigners is being continuously updated by the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs on their dedicated websites. Nevertheless, due to the fast-changing developments, searching the necessary information on the website of the Ministry of Interior has often been complicated, even for Czech specialists, let alone for foreigners. Therefore, our members have created several well-structured materials for foreigners that can be often accessed in several languages. Individual counselling services can be conducted via Internet or by telephone, and, if necessary, also face-to-face.

Updated 7. 4. 2020


!!! Regardless of the current state of emergency, foreigners must not neglect their duties and must continue to request extensions to residence permits, changes to the purpose of their stay, etc. This should be done by post on the basis of the previously existing deadlines. Otherwise foreigners could find themselves out of the law once the state of emergency expires. The usual deadlines also apply to appeals!!!

!!! It is important for employees not to succumb to pressures. Employees should never sign any document which they do not understand or is disadvantageous to them!!!

Reader-friendly information for foreigners:

Counselling on residence and labour rights:

Centrum pro integraci cizinců (CIC)we offer face-to-face on the spot specialised social counselling at our branches in Prague, Liberec and Kladno. Otherwise, you can reach us by phone, e-mail or on Facebook., 222 360 452.

Caritas ČR: social and health services (including for rough sleepers). Face-to-face advice for foreigners at our dioceses (Brno, České Budějovice, Hradec Králové, Litoměřice, Pilsen, Prague) is limited. Services are most often given by telephone and e-mail. A telephone hotline in Mongolian, Ukrainian and Vietnamese offers interpreting, information and basic crisis interventions for foreigners and institutions.

Diakonie ČCE: assistance through contact with a lawyer within the project DOMA

InBázelegal, social and psychological counselling services are given in full scope, yet over distance (e-mail, telephone, Skype). Upon agreement, a face-to-face visit can be arranged. 

LaStrada: social counselling and information via telephone. Current clients can call directly their lawyers. Otherwise, non-clients who need information or assistance in situations of human trafficking and exploitation, can call or send an SMS to +420 222 71 71 71 or +420 800 07 77 77. More information can be found here.

META: Social counselling for schools and children is working in full scope. Clients can contact social counsellors via telephone or e-mail. In case of need, a face-to-face visit can be arranged upon agreement. 

MOST PRO: From 6 April onward, we will be open for clients on Mondays (9:00-13:00) and Wednesdays (13:00-16:00). Interpreting services will be available in Mongolian (on Mondays) and Russian/Ukrainian interpretating services will be available on both days (Mondays and Wednesdays). Other interpreting services will be available to a limited extent by telephone. If needed, sessions can be given at ´ubytovny´ (hostels). 

OPUmostly contact through telephone and social media. In case of an urgent administrative matter or needs for social services, it is possible to visit any of our branches in person. Legal and social services remain subject to strict hygienic precautions (ideally while wearing a face mask and gloves).

SIMI: legal counselling, even face-to-face, is possible on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. However, it is necessary to arrange an appointment in advance! Telephone services are also working at +420 224 224 379 or +420 605 263 035.

Diakonie: free of charge crisis hotline 800 567 567 is there for everyone who does not want to remain by him-/herself during times of worry.

SIMI: during the period of quarantine and restricted movement, online psychosocial consulations are available. 

Please consult the websites or social media profiles of each organisation for newly added services.


Other organisations which work with migrants, like the Integration Centre Prague, also offer assistance.

Ministry of Interior: issues with residence permits (in Czech and English)

Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs: Employment (in Czech)